I found this and it was super easy to make and I had everything besides the chicken already at my house.
What you need:
For the Chicken
- 3-5 chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup egg beaters or 3 eggs (egg beaters coat better)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
For the Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Start heating oil in large skillet.
- Rinse chicken, trim off fat or extras and then cut into 1 inch cubes. season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip chicken into cornstarch and coat all the way and then into eggs.
- Cook chicken in oil until browned.
- Place in baking dish.
- For the sauce ingredients, whisk all until smooth.
- Pour evenly over chicken.
- Turn chicken so the sauce gets on both sides and then put in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and then cook for 15 more minutes.
Here’s the original recipe. I doubled the sauce from this recipe. I served it with just plain white rice and steamed broccoli. I poured sauce over both and it was delicious 🙂