Alright I saw this forever ago and wanted to try it but when I bought the pizza dough my mama used it before I could make this. I tweaked the original recipe a little bit (as per usual) and it was sooooo good.
What You Need:
- 1 roll of pizza dough (or make your own…either will work)
- 1lb of chicken tenderloins
- 2/3 Cup of Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/4 of a medium sweet onion
- 6 oz of mozzarella cheese (I didn’t measure this exactly but it was about 3/4 of an 8oz bag)
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
What To Do:
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. (I had it set on 7 out of 10 heat levels) Also go ahead and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Make sure you cut out the tenders in the tenderloins.
- Place chicken in heated pan. Season with salt and pepper (you can even go crazy and add some garlic powder if you like). Cook chicken all the way.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the Buffalo Sauce and 1/4 cup of the dressing over the chicken in the pan. (I did this in a bowl cuz I got a little happy with the oil and wanted to blot some of it off)
- You can do this while the chicken is cooking or wait until it’s done but grease a baking sheet and spread out the dough. If the baking sheet isn’t big enough (as was mine) just put some flour on wax paper.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the buffalo sauce and 1/4 cup of the dressing over the dough. Then spread the chicken (any leftover sauce as well) on the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce and dough. Then roll the dough up around the sauce and toppings
- If it isn’t on the baking sheet, put the roll on the baking sheet. (Make sure it’s greased!)
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Then cut up and enjoy!
The inside of mine wasn’t overly well done but i didn’t roll it too tight so it was cooked. All the sauce makes it kinda soft anyways.
On a secondary note–I got a freaking amazing deal on wine to go with this. Snap Dragon Chardonnay is usually like $15 at Farm Fresh. It was $8 tonight. It was prefect with this meal 🙂