So this was so good and I was so eager to eat it I didn’t double check that my photo of the finished product actually took. This was a recipe based off the recipe on the back of the Taste of Tai Red Curry Paste, directions on the box of my jasmine rice, and then just off the top of my head from other recipes. Serves about 4
What You Need:
- 4 thawed and dried pieces of tilapia
- 1 can of coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 Tbsp of Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Fish Sauce
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp olive or sesame oil
- Salt to Taste
What To Do:
- Follow recipe on box/bag of Jasmine Rice or follow this recipe here.
- Pour can of coconut milk into saucepan. Over a high heat, whisk in Red Curry Paste. Add a dash of Fish Sauce or salt to taste. Bring to a boil then let simmer for a few minutes and make sure everything is dissolved.
- Place tilapia on baking sheet (I covered mine with tin foil). Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Broil on high for 5-7 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
- Pour sauce over fish. Sauce is good over rice as well.
- Plate up and enjoy!
I did put some of the curry sauce over the fish before broiling to try to add a little extra flavor. Additionally i kind of drowned my rice in the sauce as well (it’s DELICIOUS!). This was all i had available at the time but I do like making this sauce with the rice and add in red peppers, yellow onions, and green onions if you want some veggies.