My friend made this when she was in town and I just had to try it out myself. I never was a huge brussel sprout person but this recipe has definitely changed my mind.
What You Need:
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, small spouts left whole, larger spouts halved
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, to your taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
What To Do:
- Brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan. Add Brussels spouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth. Bring broth to a bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes, until tender.
- Add in bacon bits halfway through cooking to bring in some of the flavor.
Serves 4. 141 Calories, 17g carbs, 6g fat, 9g protein, 4g sugar.