What you need for the muffin:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup honey greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- The zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 12 oz. frozen blueberries tossed with 2 TB flour
What you need for the glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered/confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Arrange oven rack to middle position. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Spray the top of the muffin pan with nonstick spray (to prevent muffin tops from sticking.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the sugar and eggs until thick and pale yellow.
- Stir in the yogurt, lemon zest and butter.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir just to combine, so that no white streaks remain.
- In a separate bowl, gently toss the frozen berries with 2 Tablespoons of cake flour. Then add to the batter and gently fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Divide batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Muffin cups will be nearly full. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes at 400 for maximum rise. Then, reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 12-13 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean (without any wet batter).
- Remove muffins immediately from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes. While muffins are cooling, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over muffins
Per Muffin: 265 Calories, 11g fat, 4g protein, 707mg sodium, 23g sugar