What You Need:
- 2 cups cooked rice (all recipes I found said to use at least day old rice. I plan on using frozen next time I make this)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
What To Do:
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in pan over medium heat.
- Mix soy sauce, teriyaki, fish sauce, sugar, and ginger paster in a bowl.
- Mix together peas, corn, green onions, and garlic into pan (I’d add carrots if you have them–I did not). Cook for about 2 minutes until garlic starts to be fragrant.
- Lightly beat eggs with remaining sesame oil.
- Move all veggies to the side and pour in eggs. Cook eggs most of the way.
- Add in rice. Mix well with everything else in the pan. Toss for a few more minutes.
- Pour sauce into pan. Cook for 2 more minutes to let sauce absorb into the rice. Serve hot.
I served this with my pork sirloin in spicy peanut sauce. It would be good with almost anything though!
Per 1/4 cup serving: serves 8, 165 calories, 9g g fat, 4g protein, 406g sodium, 2g sugar.