Brussel sprouts have had to grow on me over time. I used to refuse to eat them but now I buy them on almost every shopping trip.
What You Need:
- 2 cups of Brussel Sprouts, blanched and frozen, sliced in half.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover cookie sheet in tin foil.
- Toss brussel sprouts in everything except the balsamic glaze. Spread onto cookie sheet in even layer.
- Cook sprouts for 20 minutes. Flip. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve warm.
I used fresh brussel sprouts that I had blanched and frozen but cooking them from fresh or from store bought frozen should work as well. Cooking from fresh, I would suggest adding at least 10 minutes to the initial cook time and another 15 once you flip them.
Per 1/2 cup: 64 Calories, 2g fat, 1g protein, 16mg sodium, 5g sugar