Let me tell you this was THE best steak I have ever freaking made. I took a bite and literally sighed it was so delicious. Te hubby loved it too. We almost had a fight over the left over piece of steak–we cut it in half so we each get half for lunch tomorrow (which is where the photo came from).
What You Need:
- 4 Steaks (whatever cut you wish or can afford)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground peppercorn
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp minced shallots
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
What To Do:
- Heat pan over medium high heat.
- While pan heats, mix together rub. Rub all over each steak.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Sear steak on either side (to brown). It will happen quickly in this heat and allow you to still cook the steak to your desired temp.
- Once the steak is seared, turn down the head to medium and finish cooking to desired temperature. It is all based on thickness of your steak.
- Remove steak from pan when finished.
- Place remaining butter into pan. Let melt.
- Add shallots and let brown.
- Once shallots have browned, add white wine. Let reduce to half. It will look thicker.
- Add cream once wine is reduced. Let warm up.
- Add blue cheese and let melt. Once cheese is melted, you’re ready to serve over steak!