I have been watching an absurd amount of food network lately. I caught an episode of Beat Bobby Flay where someone made carbonara and I’ve wanted to try my hand at it and Ta-Da it was fabulous. I made a small serving amount. Only about a cup or less each and it came out to 4 servings. You can definitely increase the amounts to serve more or have more left overs!
What You Need:
- 4 oz fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 pork chops, cut about 1/2 inch thick each
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp basil (fresh is best)
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley (again, fresh is best but dried works)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter to cook pork
What To Do:
- Heat olive oil in pan. (I used my pretty new stainless steel pan. I’m in with it and my new cast iron skillet.)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on one side of the pork chop. Place that side down in heated pan. Sprinkle other side with seasoning. Sear pork chop on both sides.
- Remove pork chop from pan before completely cooked. It should still show a HINT of pink in the middle. This will get cooked out in a later step and keep it moist. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Add bacon, shallot, and garlic to pan. Cook until brown. Takes 6-8 minutes.
- While items are cooking, mix together parmesan cheese, cream, egg yolks, basil and parsley. Set aside.
- Add diced pork chops and frozen peas to pan. Pour in cream and cheese mixture. Stir together.
- Add pasta. Mix together until pasta is coated. Let cook for 3-4 more minutes until mixture is bubbling. Continue to stir to keep from sticking or burning.
- Transfer to your bowl and season with more salt and pepper as desired!
Definitely going to be adding this to my regular meal rotation. It was super easy to make. Prep time was about 10 minutes and cooking took another 20.
1 Cup Serving: 466 Calories, 31g Fat, 21g protein, 334mg sodium, 2g sugar