So I opted to switch up my fried rice recipe and use the red quinoa I bought and kept meaning to use. Turned out GREAT!
What You Need:
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 6oz chicken, cut up into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup peas & carrots mix
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder to taste
What To Do:
- Heat 1/2 tbsp sesame oil in a wok or large pan.
- Toss chicken in pan. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Cook chicken completely. Should start to brown some. Remove from pan and place to the side.
- Add remaining sesame oil. Throw in froze peas, carrots, and corn. Once they have mostly heated, toss in ginger and green onions. Continue to cook until everything starts to soften.
- Make a hole in the middle of the pan. Crake egg and scramble. Combine with other vegetables.
- Add garlic to pan. Let start to brown then add cooked quinoa.
- Add soy sauce and fish sauce evenly over pan. Toss everything in the sauce.
- Stir in chicken. Serve hot!