So I just got off the Advocare 24 Day Cleanse and let me tell you, eating crap food now officially makes me sick. Can’t say I’m overly upset about that. On the plus side, it’s pushing me to try new recipes and prep more! Today, I made cauliflower rice for the first time to go with Asian Salmon that I made. It was PERFECT! Just light enough that I was full but not so full and I didn’t feel sick. I pull the recipe from Primal Palate. Did some tweaking with amounts but that’s the only changes I made.
What You Need:
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, washed and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Food processor (substitute a grater if you want. Processor is a little faster)
What to Do:
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Put coconut oil in pan once hot.
- Rinse and pat dry cauliflower. Cut up into manageable pieces and put through your food processor. Place in a bowl to the side. It may take a couple times to get all of it done depending on the size. Rinse and dry processor when you’re done.
- Put onion through the food processor. I sliced mine into large chunks. Once all onion is processed, place in hot pan with garlic. Cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Put cauliflower in pan. Cook uncovered for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup, 3-4 servings, 138 calories, 6g fat, 6g protein, 7g sugar, 86mg sodium (depending on how much you add)