So this is another Damn Delicious inspired dish. She uses quinoa in hers. Personally, I LOVE quinoa. My husband is a different story. He has an issue with the texture so I opted to substitute rice. It turned out AMAZING. I had to stop myself from eating all of it.
What You Need:
- 1 cup rice (brown or plain)
- 2 cups water
- 1-10oz can Milk Enchilada Sauce
- 1-4.5oz can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (I used frozen and I may roast them next time)
- 1/2 cup black beans (i make an entire bag and freeze them for these instances)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt & Pepper ot taste
- 1 1/2 cups mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Pam or other non-stick spary
What To Do:
- Combine rice and water, cook according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8×8 or 6×10 pan with non-stick spray.
- When the rice is almost done, in a large bowl mix together enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, chile powder, salt, and pepper. Once the rice is completed, add that in as well. Mix in 1 cup of cheese into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado and tomato. I love cilantro so I tossed a little more on top. Serve immediately.
Top with sour cream and/or hot sauce for some extra flavor.
Serves 8: 417 calories, 18g fat, 12g protein, 1g sugar, 389 mg sodium (according to myfitnesspal.com)