So I had some thin chicken breasts and immediately was like “stuffed chicken!” I had seen a recipe for jalapeño popper chicken and immediately knew that’s what I needed to make. I couldn’t find my pin on Pinterest and just opted to google a recipe for how long to cook them. Check out the recipe below!
What You Need:
- 4 Chicken Breast, thinned
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature (I used light)
- 2 tbsp minced jalapeño (I bought them in a jar and put through the food processor–fresh is always best though!)
- 8 slices of bacon
- Salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and jalapeño. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
- Smear a thin layer on one side of the chicken. Roll up until cheese mix is covered.
- Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around chicken. I wrapped 1 around the open ends first to seal in the cheese mix. Then wrapped the other around the sides to completely cover the chicken in bacon.
- Place on a pan or baking sheet. I do suggest a pan due to liquid you will lose from the bacon and chicken. I had a lot of it. An of course wrap in tin foil if you want to save on clean up.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Depends on the thickness of your chicken. If you want the bacon crispy, broil for the last 2 minutes.
So this is a new addition to my regular meals. It was AMAZING. Hubby informed me I needed to make more right then for him to eat (I avoid leftover whenever possible because we’re both bad at eating them).
Serves 2-4 depending on how much you want to eat (we both ate 2 because I only served it with roasted broccoli): 219 calories, 9g fat, 27g protein, 387mg sodium per MyFitnessPal