I love Thai Red Curry. It’s one of the main dishes I order at Thai restaurants and I LOVE making it at home. Thankfully, the mix I buy is Whole30 compliant. The only down side is I can’t add the brown sugar like I normally would or Sriracha.
This recipe is super easy. You can simply mix everything together, let the thigh soak for a bit (the longer the better though) then cook it up! I served it with my Pineapple Coconut Cauliflower Rice.
What You Need:
- 4 pieces of boneless, trimmed chicken thighs
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp cooking fat
What To Do:
- Whisk together coconut milk and curry paste in bowl big enough for chicken to soak in.
- Soak chicken for at least 30 minutes. Longer is better for marinades!
- Heat cooking fat in pan over medium high heat.
- Pull individual chicken pieces out of marinade. Shake of excess before laying flat in pan. Sear on either side.
- Once sides are nice and brown, lower the heat to just below medium. Pour the remaining marinade into pan. Let the chicken finish cooking in the marinade.
- Serve hot with some marinade drizzled over top.
Like I said, I love this marinade. If you’re not on Whole30, you can make some jasmine rice to go with it along with some red peppers, bamboo shoots, and basically any other veggie you like. Ginger would be great in this as well (I didn’t have any).
Serves 4: 210 Calories, 14g fat, 20g Protein, 1g carbs